The Format Of An MLA Research Paper: 5 Essential Characteristics
In this article you’ll discover the top things that have to be considered when trying to complete a MLA research paper with the correct formatting. If you are one of those people that have struggled to get this right in the past, then this article will be a breath of fresh air. You might even be surprised to learn that understanding these rules is not that hard when you read them carefully. So here are 5 formatting rules to consider when doing a MLA research paper:
- Table of contents: to get the format right the table of contents can help a lot. It allows the project to be structured in the correct way so that everything can fall into place. You’ll see with experience that creating the table of contents is quite a simple task. You just need to use the automated features of whatever word processing software you might be using at the time.
- Headings: try to create headings that are formatted perfectly. To do this make them a fraction bigger than all the rest of the font size on the page. Also make them descriptive and to the point. This gives the reader a very good understanding of what the content on the page is about by taking a look at only the headings.
- Headers and footers: all sorts of info must be entered in the headers and footers, but you have to understand that depending on your department what needs to be there is going to be different. So ask you professors for the specific info that you need to enter in your headers and footers.
- Look at various other projects: if you want to use the right format in action then it makes sense to view other projects that have ben completed the right way by others students. You’ll see a very wide range of different projects completed in a format that is similar. This is the ones that you should follow.
- Make sure it looks good: at the end of the day the format is there to ensure that your project actually looks good. So as a rule of thumb when deciding on the details of the format ensure that you make it looks as pleasing to the eye of possible. Perhaps get the opinion of friends to check out your work to see if it looks good.